Journey to 1,000.
A personal goal that started off as a journey to 50, has led from an increase to 150 to all of a sudden 1,000.
1,000 what? You may ask.
My goal is to publish a newsletter every week until I read a total of 1,000 books.
Join the adventure, and let's learn.
Here are the books I have read thus far... please let me know if you are looking for any recommendations!
Another resourceful place to keep up with the books I am reading/set to read later on is my Goodreads account.
227. The Culture Code by: Daniel Coyle
226. World Beyond Your Head by: Matthew B. Crawford
225. 1665: Journal of the Plague Year by: Daniel Defoe
224. Reinventing Knowledge by: Ian F. McNeely & Lisa Wolverton
223. The Dream Machine by: M. Mitchell Waldrop
222. Saint Thomas Aquinas by: G.K. Chesterton
221. College: What it Was, Is and Should be by: Andrew Delblanco
220. How To Take Smart Notes by: Sonke Ahrens
219. Man Interrupted by: Phil Zimbardo
218. War and Peace in the Global Village by: Marshall McLuhan
217. Facebook: The Inside Story by: Steven Levy
216. Timothy Leary by: Robert Greenfield
215. The Rise of Universities by: Charles Homer Haskins
214. Utopia is Creepy by: Nicholas Carr
213. Freud, Jung and Hall the King-Maker by: Saul Rozenweig
212. Civilized to Death by: Christopher Ryan
211. The Human Use of Human Beings by: Norbert Wiener
210. Turings Cathedral by: George Dyson
209. Laws of Media by: Eric & Marshall McLuhan
208. Surveillance Capitalism by: James Gleick
207. The Information by: James Gleick
206. Cybernetics by: Norbert Wiener. (*as of 6/15/20)
205. Psychoinformatics by: Tamanna Gupta.
204. Doors of Perception by: Aldous Huxley
203. Infinite Jest by: David Foster Wallace
202. Atlas Shrugged by: Ayn Rand
201. Throwing Rocks at the Google Bus by: Douglas Rushkoff
200. Critical Path by: Buckminster Fuller
199. Finite and Infinite Games by: James Carse
198. Targeted by: Brittany Kaiser
197. The Perennial Philosophy by: Aldous Huxley
196. Marshall McLuhan: Escape into Understanding by: W. Terrance Gordon
195. Amusing Ourselves to Death by: Neil Postman. *as of 3/25/20.
194. Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man by: Marshall McLuhan.
193. The Cyber Effect by: Mary Aiken
192. Mind and Nature by: Gregory Bateson.
191. What Technology Wants by: Kevin Kelly.
190. Getting Gamers by: Jamie Madigan.
189. The Better Angels of Our Nature by: Stephen Pinker.
188. The Medium is the Message by: Marshall McLuhan
187. From Cyberculture to Counterculture by: Fred Turner
186. Human Compatible by: Stuart Russell
185. Coders by: Clive Thompson
184. Tiny Habits by: BJ Fogg.
183. The Master Switch by: Tim Wu.
182. Team Human by: Douglas Rushkoff. *as of 1/7/20.
181. Human by: Michael S. Gazzaniga.
180. Hello World by: Hannah Fry.
179. Filter Bubble by: Eli Pariser.
178. Island by: Aldous Huxley
177. The Optimism Bias by: Tali Sharot.
176. Aldous Huxley by: Nicholas Murray.
175. Addiction by Design by: Natasha Dow Schull.
174. Fins by: William Knoedelseder.
173. Dark Hero of the Information Age by: Flo Conway
172. Data Dictatorships by: Borja Moya
171. Thinking Fast and Slow by: Daniel Kahneman.
170. The Harvard Psychedelic club by: Don Lattin.
169. Glow Kids by: Nicholas Kardaras.
168. Persuasive Technology by: BJ Fogg.
167. Bowling Alone by: Robert Putnam
166. Prius or Pickup? By: Marc Hetherington and Jonathon Weiler.
165. Innovators by: Walter Issacson
164. Abundance by: Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler
163. Brave New World by: Aldous Huxley
162. Stealing Fire by: Steven Kotler & Jamie Wheal.
161. Anatomy of Love by: Helen Fisher.
160. The History of the Future by: Blake J. Harris.
159. The New Digital Age by: Eric Schmidt
158. Get the Life You Want by: Richard Bandler
157. The Upstarts by: Brad Stone.
156. Hooked by: Nir Eyal
155. How to win friends and Influence People by: Dale Carnegie
154. Side Hustle by: Chris Guillebeau.
153. You are not a gadget by: Jaron Lanier.
152. Mind to Matter by: Dawson Church.
151. The Simulation Hypothesis by: Rizwan Virk.
150. The Laws of Human Nature by: Robert Greene
149 How to Create a Mind by: Ray Kurzweil
148 Never Enough by: Judith Grisel
147. Hacking Darwin by: Jamie Metzl
146. Waking up by: Sam Harris.
145. The Everything Store by: Brad Stone.
144. Bad Blood by: John Carreyou
143. The Second Machine Age by: Erik Brynjolfsson & Andrew Mcafee
142. The Biology of Belief by: Bruce Lipton
141. The Attention Merchants by: Tim Wu/
140. Detroit City is the Place to Be by: Mark Binelli
139. Zero to One by: Peter Theil
138. After On by: Rob Reid
137. The Beginning of Infinity by: David Deutsch
136. American Overdose by: Chris Mcgreal
135. Digital Minimalism by: Cal Newport
134. Zucked by: Roger McNamee
133. The Road Less Traveled by: M. Scott Peck.
132. Your Brain on the Internet by: Nicholas Carr.
131. No One Cares About Crazy People by: Ron Powers.
130. Nomadland by: Jessica Bruder
129. Here Comes Everybody by: Clay Shirky
128. Capture by: David A. Kessler
127. Reader Come Home by: Maryanne Wolf
126. Walden by: Henry David Thoreau
125. Realms of the Human Unconscious by: Stanislav Groff
124. Hallucinations by: Oliver Sacks
123. Detroit by: Charlie Leduff
122. Elon Musk by: Ashlee Vance
121. Lost Connections by: Johann Hari
120. Brief Answers to the big questions by: Stephen Hawking.
119. Life INC. By: Douglas Rushkoff
118. John Lennon by: Phillip Norman
117. Focus by: Daniel Goleman
116. Shrinks by: Jeffrey A. Lieberman.
115. The River of Consciousness by: Oliver Sacks
114. Your Brain On Music By: Daniel J. Levitin
113. The Selfish Gene By: Richard Dawkins
112. Be Here Now By: Ram Dass
111. The Moral Landscape By: Sam Harris
110. University Inc. By: Jennifer Washburn
109. How To Change Your Mind By: Michael Pollan
108. The Coddling of The American Mind by: Greg Lukianoff
107. The Philosophy of Andy Warhol By: Andy Warhol.
106. The Evolution of God by: Robert Wright
105. Steve Jobs by: Walter Issacson
104. iGen by: Jean M. Twenge
103. Evolution of Everything by: Matt Ridley
102. Musicophilia by: Oliver Sacks
101. Future Bright by: Michael E. Martinez
100. Fantasyland by: Kurt Anderson
99. The Singularity is Near by: Ray Kurzweil
98. After Snowden by: Ronald Goldfarb
97. Stumbling on Happiness by: Daniel Gilbert
96. Elephant in The Brain by: Kevin Simler
95. On the Move by: Oliver Sacks
94. Mortality by: Christopher Hitchens
93. Nudge By: Richard Thaler
92. The War of The Sexes by: Paul Seabright
91. Enlightenment Now by: Steven Pinker
90. Raising the Floor by: Andy Stern
89. Grit by: Angela Duckworth
88. Why Buddhism is True by: Robert Wright
87. The Time Pardox by: Phil Zimbardo
86. Free Will by: Sam Harris
85. The Main Spring of Human Progress by: Henry Grady Weaver.
84. The Social Animal by: David Brooks.
83. Life 3.0. By: Max Tegmark.
82. Your Brain is A Time Machine by: Dean Buonomano.
81. What Should I Do With My life by: Po Bronson.
80. Science in the Soul by: Richard Dawkins.
79. Live Work Work Work Die by: Corey Pein.
78. The Goal by: Eliyahu M. Goldratt.
77. Venture Deals by: Brad Feld.
76. How Good Do You Want to Be? By: Nick Saban.
75. The Righteous Mind by: Jonathon Haidt.
74. Ten Arguments for Deleting your Social Media Accounts by: Jaron Lanier.
73. Alone Together by: Sherry Turkle.
72. 1984 by: George Orwell.
71. Hitch 22 by: Christopher Hitchens.
70. Drive by: Daniel Pink.
69. In Praise Of Slowness by: Carl Honore.
68. Irresistible by: Adam Alter.
67. The Four Hour Work Week by: Timothy Ferriss.
66. The Seventh Sense by: Joshua Cooper Rand.
65. The Virgin Way by: Richard Branson.
64. The Seven Sins of Wall Street by: Bob Ivry.
63. How Luck Happens by: Janice Kaplan.
62. Reclaiming Conversation by: Sherry Turkle. 61. The Tipping Point by: Malcolm Gladwell.
60. Marx and Marxism by: Gregory Claeys.
59. The Four by: Scott Galloway.
58. The Universe in A Single Atom by: Dalai Lama.
57. The Republican War on Science by: Chris Mooney.
56. Everybody Lies by: Seth Stephens- Davidowitz.
55. The Enlightenment Vision by: Stuart Jordan.
54. Tribe by: Sebastian Junger.
53. How We Learn by: Benedict Carey.
52. The StoryTellers Secret by: Carmine Gallo.
51. Dawn of the New Everything by: Jaron Lanier.
50. How We Work by: Leah Weiss Ph.D
49. Born Digital by: John Palfrey
48. Mastery by: George Leonard.
47. Secrets of Silicon Valley by: Deborah Perry Piscione.
46. David and Goliath by: Malcolm Gladwell.
45. Your Brain on Food by: Gary Wenk. 44. Imagine by: Jonah Lehrer.
43. The Next America by: Paul Taylor.
42. BANG! by: Linda Kaplan Thaler.
41. Free by Chris Anderson.
40. The Other 90% by Robert K. Cooper.
39. Ecological Intelligence by: Daniel Goleman.
38. Rework by: Jason Fried.
37. The Thank You Economy by: Gary Vaynerchuk.
36. Guitar Zero by: Gary Marcus.
35. Rewire by: Ethan Zuckerman.
34. The Opposable Mind by: Roger Martin.
33. A General Theory of Love by: Thomas Lewis M.D.
32. Take The Stairs by: Rory Vaden.
31. Start With Why by Simon Sinek.
30. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell.
29. The man’s guide to women by John and Julie Schwartz Gottman, PhD.
28. Contagious by: Jonah Berger.
27. The Art of Non-Conformity by: Chris Guillebeau.
26. To Sell Is Human by: Daniel Pink.
25. The Ghost in My Brain by: Clark Elliot, Ph.D.,
24. The Gift of Adversity by: Norman E. Rosenthal.
23. Change your Brain Change Your Life by: Daniel G. Amen.
22. The Improbability Principle by: David J. Hand.
21. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. 20. How Pleasure Works by Paul Bloom.
19. Owning Your Own Shadow By: Robert A. Johnson.
18. Yoga for people who can’t be bothered doing it by: Geoff Dyer
17. Creativity: the psychology of discovery and invention by: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi 16. You are your choices by Alexandra Stoodard.
15. Living With The Devil by Stephen Batchelor.
14. The Scientist in The Crib by Alison Gopnik, Ph. D.
13. Temperament by Stuart Isacoff.
12. How Reading changed my life by: Anna Quilden.
11. You are a Badass by: Jen Sincero.
10. How the Body Knows it’s mind by Sian Bellock.
9. The man who mistook his job for a life By: Jonathan Lazear.
8. Smart Thinking by Art Markman, PHD.
7. In Search of Meaning by: Viktor Frankl.
6. Waking The Spirit, by Andrew Schulman.
5. The Naked Brain by Richard Restak, M.D.
4. A whole new mind by Daniel H. Pink.
3. The wisdom of Insecurity by: Alan Watts.
2. How to be a 3% man by: Corey Wayne.
1. Flow by: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi